Clinic of Psychiatry
There are 7 scientific laboratories in the Clinic of Psychiatry:
- Laboratory of Epidemiology and Social Psychiatry
Phone number: +48 71 784 16 00
- Epidemiology of mental disorders of the population;
- Epidemiology of suicide;
- Analysis of the opinions of patients and their carers on the effectiveness and conditions of psychiatric treatment;
- The problem of the burden of carers of mentally ill people;
- Issues in psychiatric treatment in prison psychiatric care;
- Comparison of effectiveness of psychiatric treatment in day and stationary units;
- Issues of forensic psychiatry in Poland;
- Quality of life and social disorders;
- Analysis of the adequacy of existing psychiatric health care structures to social needs and expectations;
- National Mental Health Program and the reality of mental health care.
- Laboratory of Clinical Psychology
Head: Sylwia Chłodzińska-Kiejna, MA in psychology, PhD
Phone number: +48 71 784 16 35
The laboratory carries out research and clinical tasks in the field of diagnostics and rehabilitation of cognitive functions of adults with cognitive deficits in the course of depression, schizophrenia and resulting from brain damage or dysfunction.
- Laboratory of Psychopharmacology
Head: dr hab. n. med. Tomasz Pawłowski
Phone number : +48 71 784 16 08
The laboratory coordinates and supervises clinical trials of psychotropic drugs conducted in the Department of Psychiatry. Pursuant to the Regulation of the Minister of Health of January 16, 2003 on documentation of the results of tests on a medicinal product, including a veterinary medicinal product, and expert reports, the laboratory issues expert opinions for the Office for Registration of Medicinal Products, Medical Devices and Biocidal Products. As part of these expert reports, the Head of the Laboratory prepares clinical reports of psychotropic drugs present on the market, required in the process of re-registration.
- Laboratory of Forensic Psychiatry
Head: Monika Kantorska-Janiec, MD, PhD
Phone number : +48 71 784 16 34
The laboratory deals with judicial, psychiatric and psychological opinions for the benefit of all units referring to the Medical Academy in Wrocław cases for opinions in the field of psychiatry. The studio specializes primarily in issuing opinions in the field of civil law, with particular emphasis on wills, as well as falling within the competence of labor and social security courts.
- Laboratory of Psychiatric Genetics
Head: Jan Aleksander Beszałej, MD, PhD
Phone number : +48 71 77 66 226
- conducting research assessing the contribution of genetic factors in the pathogenesis of mental disorders and interactions between genetic and environmental (epigenetic) factors;
- assessment of genetic factors that may be the cause of a differentiated response to psychotropic drugs - hereditary conditioned differences responsible for the pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of drugs, assessment of polymorphism of genes encoding enzyme proteins involved in drug metabolism (cytochrome P450, glucuronyl transferase, acetyltransferase, methyltransferase) and receptor and transport proteins neurotransmitters.
The laboratory cooperates with the Department of Molecular Techniques at the Department of Forensic Medicine of the Medical University of Wrocław in Wrocław, the Department of Psychiatric Genetics of the Department and Clinic of Adult Psychiatry at the Medical University of Poznań as well as the Department and Psychiatry Department of the Pomeranian Medical University in Szczecin.
- Laboratory of Alzheimer's Disease and Psychogeriatrics
Head: prof. dr hab. n. med. Jerzy Leszek
Phone number : +48 71 784 16 22
As part of the curative activity, four units operate in the Clinic:
1) 24-hour Psychiatry Department of the WMU Psychiatry Clinic
2) General Psychiatric Clinical Department
3) Day Clinic for Neurosis Treatment
4) Mental Health Clinic
In the NEUROMED Center of Neuropsychiatry, employees of the Department of Psychiatry carry out didactic and service tasks in the field of psychiatry of children and youth:
Monika Szewczuk-Bogusławska MD, PhD
Sylwia Adamowska MD, PhD
- Białowieska 74a
Employees of the Psychiatry Clinic provide consultancy services for all units of the University Clinical Hospital in Wrocław (USK) and the Lower Silesian Oncology Center in Wrocław (DCO):
- psychiatric diagnostics,
- treatment of mental disorders,
- giving opinions on matters regarding placement in a social welfare center and care and treatment centers,
- issuing opinions on the legitimacy of undertaking diagnostic and / or therapeutic actions without consent,
- giving opinions on other matters requiring psychiatric examination).
A consultation request is made by telephone directly to the consultant:
Monika Kantorska-Janiec MD, PhD (+48 501 601 855)
Consultations in Child and Adolescent Therapy:
- directly to the consultant:
Dr. Monika Szewczuk-Bogusławska, PhD
by phone: +48 601 740 601